PGA TOUR | TOUR Championship
Seven of the top-10 finishers in the 2021-22 FedEx Cup finale played a Titleist golf ball, while eight of the top 10 gamed at least one piece of Titleist equipment:
Titleist is #1 Ball, Most Played Equipment Brand Tee To Green at TOUR Championship
- Titleist was the overwhelming #1 golf ball and most played driver, fairway, hybrid, utility iron, iron, wedge and putter at the TOUR Championship – topping all equipment counts at the TOUR’s season finale for the first time – with a total of 24 players (83%) gaming at least one piece of Titleist equipment.
- It marked the fourth time this season – and 27th time since the start of the 2019 calendar year – that Titleist swept the major equipment counts at a PGA TOUR event. Titleist is the only brand to have ever accomplished this feat.
Titleist Equipment Success in Atlanta
- The #1 ball in golf was the #1 ball at the TOUR Championship, with 22 (76%) players teeing up a Titleist Pro V1, Pro V1x or Pro V1 Left Dot golf ball, more than seven times the nearest competitor (3) – including every one of this season’s major champions: Scottie Scheffler (Pro V1), Justin Thomas (Pro V1x), Matthew Fitzpatrick (Pro V1x) and Cameron Smith (Pro V1x)
- Titleist drivers were the top choice of players with 13 in play (45%), more than double the nearest competitor (6). There were five NEW TSR drivers in play, T1 among driver models.
- There were more Titleist fairway metals (17/38%), hybrids (6/55%) and utility irons (5/56%) in players’ bags at East Lake than any other brand.
- Twelve players (41%) played Titleist irons – the longstanding No. 1 iron on the PGA TOUR – double the nearest competitor (6).
- The most played wedge on the PGA TOUR, Vokey Design wedges made up 63 percent of all gap, sand and lob wedges in play with 52 wedges, more than all other brands combined (31).
- On the greens, 11 players (38%) trusted a Scotty Cameron putter, compared to six for the nearest competitor.
LPGA | CP Women’s Open
Playing a Titleist Pro V1 golf ball, the winner of the CP Women’s Open made five birdies over her first nine holes Sunday on her way to a closing 4-under 67 and one-shot victory.
- It was the first LPGA title for the nine-year veteran, who opened the week with a 9-under 62 and posted four rounds in the 60’s to finish the week at 19 under.
- She made 21 birdies and only two bogeys over the four days in Canada.
- Titleist Brand Ambassador Nelly Korda shot a back-nine 31, making eagle on the par-4 12th at the Ottawa Hunt and Golf Club, to finish one shot back (T2), as Titleist golf ball players swept the top-7 positions on the leader board.
DP WORLD TOUR | Omega European Masters
Thriston Lawrence (Pro V1) won his second DP World Tour title on the first hole of a playoff, topping a leader board that featured Titleist golf ball players in seven of the top-8 positions.
- After opening with an 8-under 62, Lawrence carded three more rounds in the 60’s, including a final-round 69 to finish the week at 18 under.
- For the week, Lawrence ranked first in Strokes Gained: Approach (+8.56) while hitting 76 percent of his greens in regulation.
- Three of the top-six finishers played a NEW TSR driver, including the third-place finisher (TSR3 9.0°) and Titleist Brand Ambassador Antoine Rozner (TSR3 10.0°), who led the field in Driving Accuracy (79%) and ranked third in SG: Off-the-Tee (+6.44) on his way to a T4 finish.
Amateur | U.S. Amateur Championship
- Titleist was the #1 golf ball and most played equipment brand across every major category at many of 2022's biggest amateur championships, including the U.S. Amateur, The Amateur Championship (R&A), Australian Amateur, Lytham Trophy, European Amateur, U.S. Junior Amateur and the six NCAA Men’s Regional Championships sites, among others.
- Titleist also swept the counts across this summer’s Elite Amateur Series events, comprising seven of the amateur game’s most prestigious titles: Sunnehanna Amateur, Northeast Amateur, North & South Amateur, Tran-Miss Amateur, Southern Amateur, Pacific Coast Amateur and Western Amateur.
PGA TOUR Champions | The Ally Challenge
Steve Stricker (Pro V1x) birdied Nos. 13-16 Sunday at Warwick Hills to close in 5-under 67 and win by one shot.
- It marked Win No. 9 on PGA TOUR Champions (and No 2 this season) for Stricker, who led a 1-2-3-4-5 finish for Titleist golf ball players in Michigan.
- KORN FERRY TOUR |Nationwide Children’s Hospital Championship
- David Lingmerth (Pro V1) closed in 3-under 68, birdieing No. 18 at Ohio State’s Scarlet Course to win by two shots and earn his 2022-23 PGA TOUR card.
- Lingmerth, who opened with a 9-under 62, ranked first for the week in birdies (23) and third in Greens in Regulation (83%).
- Titleist golf ball players swept the top-5 positions, as 11 of the top 12 finishers played a Pro V1 or Pro V1x.
FOUR TITLEIST GOLF BALL PLAYERS EARN TOUR CARDS
- Lingmerth joined fellow Titleist golf ball players Michael Gligic (Pro V1), Titleist Brand Ambassador Joseph Bramlett (Pro V1) and Austin Cook (Pro V1) in earning their 2022-23 PGA TOUR cards.
- With their finishes over the last two weeks, Gligic (T65, T4), Bramlett (T18, T6) and Cook (T4, T34) each crossed the 210-point mark the Korn Ferry Tour is currently using as a fail-safe threshold for players to finish within The Finals 25.
- The winner of last week’s Albertsons Boise Open, who played a Pro V1 Left Dot, along with Titleist Brand Ambassador Philip Knowles (Pro V1), locked up their TOUR cards last Sunday.
- Additionally, 20 of the 25 players who earned their 2022-23 PGA TOUR membership through the Korn Ferry Tour’s regular season points list were also Titleist golf ball players.
KOREAN TOUR | Bodyfriend Phantom Rovo Gunsan CC Open
Titleist Brand Ambassador YoSeop Seo made birdie on the second playoff hole to win his fourth-career KPGA tour title.
- Gaming a NEW TSR3 8.0° driver and TSR2 13.5° fairway among his all-Titleist setup, Seo shot a final round 5-under 67 to reach 14 under for the tournament.
- He was joined by InChoon Hwang (Pro V1x) in the three-person playoff, as nine of the 11 players who finished inside the top 10 and ties trusted a Titleist golf ball.
TITLEIST SWEEPS EQUIPMENT COUNTS, TSR IS MOST PLAYED DRIVER
- Titleist swept all major equipment categories at the Bodyfriend Phantom Rovo Gunsan CC Open, with more players choosing Titleist golf balls (96/67%), drivers (67/47%), fairways (76/46%), hybrids (44/43%), irons (64/44%), wedges (258/66%) and putters (65/45%) than any other brand.
- NEW TSR drivers were gamed by 51 players, more than any competitor’s total number of drivers.
What's in YoSeop Seo's Titleist Golf Bag?
Golf Ball: Titleist Pro V1
Driver: NEW TSR3 8.0°
Fairway Metals: NEW TSR2 13.5° & TSi2 21.0°
Utility Iron: U•500 2
Irons: 620 MB 4-9
Wedges: Vokey Design SM8 48.10F, 54.10S, 60.08M
Putter: Scotty Cameron Flowback 5.5 tour prototype
SUNSHINE TOUR | Vodacom Origins of Golf Highland Gate
Anthony Michael (Pro V1x Left Dash) won his first Sunshine Tour title, closing in 3-under 69 to win by one shot.
- Michael was the only player to post all three rounds in the 60’s, finishing the tournament at 10 under while leading a 1-2-3-4-5 finish for Titleist golf ball players.